Pete Rose, Major League Baseball’s career hit leader, approached Commissioner Bud Selig about being reinstated into baseball. Commissioner Selig replied to Rose’s request by saying, “I’m not going to reinstate you until you apologize to the baseball fans for betting on the game.” Pete Rose refused the agreement and went on denying the charges against him. Later Pete Rose published a book entitled My Prison Without Bars, including chapters as “Betting on Sports or Horses, Which is more fun?” “How to Get Started in Betting,” and “What to Do if You Start Losing in Batting: Double Your Bats!”
Despite how upset and annoyed with Rose’s choice; Bud Selig was decided to give him his last and final chance to meet his request to come clean. “I want a confession from you Pete” Commissioner Selig insisted. Pete Rose Replied, “Ok, ok. So I bet on baseball. Let’s move on and admit me into the Hall of Fame.” However, Commissioner Selig was still a little skeptical about letting Pete Rose back into baseball, worried Pete may bet again and make a fool out of him. Standing there with a shocked look upon him Pete Rose said, “That’s ridiculous; I’ll give him odds against it.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment